The TV Bed Store had been operating since 2012. They needed a brand refresh and a new website. They also needed to stand out in a crowded and aggressive market. TV Beds are gaining in popularity, indeed, TV Beds are not simply a bed with a TV in the footboard anymore, they are more like a full media unit which happens to be housed in a bed.
The TV Bed Store had one key competitor who traded on being a TV bed specialist, but also, competitors in this space were also made up by the usual mass-market online and high street players. These companies obviously have deep pockets so we needed to make the TV Bed Store brand stand out.
The TV Bed Store’s USP was that, unlike their niche or mass-market competitors, the quality of beds sold was on a different level. Because of their rigorous quality control criteria, only the best beds would be brought to market. Secondly, with an eye on the future, The TV Bed Store wanted to focus on how much more technologically advanced their products were when stacked up against their contemporaries. We distilled their value proposition down to three words:
Comfort – Style – Technology
The TV Bedstore’s previous website was built by a directory company, was old and the eCommerce functionality was basic. Given that we knew the business operated in a niche with only hundreds (rather than thousands) of products and variants being sold that a website built in WordPress with a WooCommerce PlugIn would be the ideal eCommerce solution. This solution would allow the TV Bedstore to upload their own products and descriptions and allow them to be totally self-sufficient in terms of the upload of pictures and product descriptions.
By dint, primarily, of the age of the TVbedstore.co.uk site, Google already ‘liked’ the website. Certain key terms which drove all of the traffic to the site were at the bottom of page 2 in natural (or organic) search engine positions. Based on this we recommended they embark on a search marketing program. Here’s what happened:
- After month one of the project, tvbedstore.co.uk started to appear on page 1 of Google for key terms, without one external link pointing to the site being built.
- Comparing May 2018 and May 2019 unique users increased by 405%.
- Between the comparison, periods (May ’18 and May ’19) revenue increased by 750% and unique purchases by 1000%.
- Revenues over 12 months (May 18 to May ’19) increased by 484%.
- The key drivers of revenue are ‘TV Bed’ and ‘TV Beds’ which are now consistently position #1 and #2 in Google’s organic SERPs